Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday's Meditation: A Boss Your Heart Message

We've decided to post devos once a week, alternating between Mr. Walkup and Mrs. Moore. 

I'd still love to have messages from YOU posted on Fridays.  If you would like to share a story that glorifies God, please email it to me.  (Lorraine@ForgottenSawRanch.com)

Today's message is courtesy of D'Lane Moore.  Thanks, D'Lane!

It Is Cold! 
D'Lane Moore

I am an outdoors kinda gal!  I love to spend at least some part of every day outside.  I like the outdoors for so many reasons, but the main one is nature inspires worship in my heart.  The past few days, though, have been C O L D here in Central Texas.  Now, I know cold is relative, and this is nothing compared to a regular winter up north, but I am not from up north, so it is C O L D.  With all this cold weather we have made some changes in our routine.  One of the main changes- we have not spent time outside.  This is bad for my exercise routine because I like to exercise outside.  The first day it was too cold to go out I called it my “rest” day and didn’t exercise.  The second day it was too cold I did a few sit ups and push ups and called it a workout, but today I knew I had a choice to make.  I could let the weather be an excuse to not work out again or I could let the weather be an excuse to experience something new and different.  I knew I had to take action- some action, any action would be better than nothing.  I popped in an exercise video during nap time and Walked Away the Pounds.  Now, it was no outdoor walk with the birds singing and the sun shining, but it also was not 22 degrees with winds gusting up to 25 miles per hour!

All of this got me thinking about bossing my heart.  I feel like on “sunny” days, when everything in life is going as planned, I Boss My Heart with little or no thought.  I take time to pray, read my Bible, tell others about all God is doing in my life, and am able to apply God’s truth to my life in most situations.  But on “cloudy” days, when everything in life is NOT going as planned, I struggle to Boss My Heart.  (And let’s be honest, that is more days than not.) There comes a point on those days when I have to make a choice.  I can let the day be an excuse to skip Bossing My Heart or I make the day an excuse to Boss My Heart in a new and different way.  I try to force myself to take action any action. Even a small action of Bossing My Heart, such as stopping to pray or asking a friend to pray for me helps to bring my day into perspective. 

I don’t know what kind of day you are having today, but I know God knew about it before the day began and He cares!  Boss Your Heart with this truth:  God cares for you!!! 

1 Peter 5:7 says, “Cast your cares upon Him, because He cares for you.” 

God,

Wow!  You care for me?!?  How could that be?  I know there is an enemy I face and he would like nothing more than for me to think this could not be true, but I will not allow that lie to take root in my heart and head.  YOU CARE FOR ME!  No matter what kind of day I am having, YOU CARE FOR ME!  On my sunny days, YOU CARE FOR ME! On my cloudy days, YOU CARE FOR ME! Everyday, in every situation, YOU CARE FOR ME!  Thank you for that truth that can Boss My Heart to your glory.  I can face a lot knowing YOU CARE FOR ME!

~Amen

No comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus